Huge and Exciting Changes
Since the beginning, LifeSpring Church has been all about making disciples who make disciples and making an impact in our community for the Kingdom.
We want to see lives transformed by the love and grace of Jesus. Just like the woman at the well in John 4 and the man who was born blind in John 9 – their encounter with Jesus left them changed forever! Not only were they impacted but all who heard their story were also impacted by Jesus! That’s our vision for the kind of church we want to be.
That vision isn’t changing but one of the things we have discovered in this process is that the strategy has to change based on what God is doing around us. In the last 2 years, we have made several adjustments in order to be more effective at serving and reaching our community. God has used us in some big ways to serve the staff and students at Holly Grove Elementary and serving people through community impact events and parties in the park.
For the last year, we have been blessed to partner with The Gathering Community Church. They have helped us in huge ways – through prayer, support, encouragement, helping with parties in the park, providing free space for us to meet, and welcoming us in as part of their family.
We strongly feel that God has led us to take our partnership to another level by transitioning to become a campus of The Gathering Church in Holly Springs! We are excited about what God is doing and look forward to how He is going to use this new campus to accomplish God’s vision for The Gathering and our community.
Of course this means that there will be some big changes…
- Instead of monthly worship gatherings, we will have monthly community impact events at the school where we have been meeting (Southern Wake Academy).
- Our Lifegroups will become “Be Groups” but will have a very similar focus on helping people connect to others who will help them grow closer to Jesus and serve together to impact the community.
- We will be gathering a launch team in order to start weekly worship services on January 8th, 2017!
- And of course, we will have a new name – The Gathering Church @ Holly Springs!
BUT – there are some things that won’t be changing…
- We will continue to do Community Impact events (like Party in the Park).
- We will still have missional small groups that serve regularly in the community to demonstrate and declare the love of Jesus in practical ways.
- We have an unwavering commitment to the vision to make and multiply disciples to impact our community and the world.
- We will still be meeting at Southern Wake Academy for monthly Community Impact events and weekly worship services in January.
- We will continue worshiping and serving at The Gathering Church in Fuquay on Sunday mornings until January as we gather and train a launch team.
There are also some huge ways you can continue to be part of what God is doing as we make this transition.
- Join the team to help launch this new campus! We will begin meeting together monthly with those interested in being part of the launch team on August 14th at 5pm. We would be blessed to have you use your personality, gifts, abilities, and passions to help accomplish God’s vision for this community! Let me know if you are interested!
- Partner with us financially to help fund this important work to impact lives, our community and the world! If you are already a financial partner, we greatly appreciate you! Checks can be sent to The Gathering Community Church PO Box 87 Fuquay Varina, NC 27526. you can also continue to give online while we work to set up online giving with The Gathering.
- Continue to pray for us and follow along with the journey! Prayer is powerful and we strongly believe that God responds to His people when we come before Him in prayer.
Thank you again for your prayers, encouragement, support and partnership through this journey so far. It has meant more to us than you could possibly know. We are very excited about what God is going to do next as we start this new chapter as a part of The Gathering Church!